Protect your greatest single investment. You’ve invested a lot in your home. That’s why you deserve the best insurance protection with simplicity, service and savings.
There are many different types of homeowners insurance on the market today. Sometimes it gets very confusing to determine what you need and what you don’t. It’s important that you insure it properly so that you can replace it or restore it to its former condition if you should suffer a loss. With DeMattos Insurance Agency you’ll gain the confidence you deserve and the protection you need.
Read our Homeowners FAQs for more information.
Fill out the form below, and we’d be happy to give you a quote on your Homeowners Insurance. Or give us a call at 798-0057.
Request a Quote Form
12 Ways to Save Money When You Buy Homeowners Insurance
1. Select a strong insurer. Fast, fair claim service is a must when it comes to homeowner coverage. Ask about the company.
2. Don’t guess at your coverage. The coast of rebuilding your home might exceed your estimate. Consult your agent and determine how much you need to rebuild from the ground up. (in a fire you could be left with just the foundation)
3. Don’t under insure your possessions.Saving a few dollars up front could cost you a significant amount of money at a time of loss.
4. Always opt for replacement value. Unless you insure for replacement cost of household possessions you will be paid only the purchase price, less depreciation for items burned or stolen.
5. Choose an appropriate deductible. The higher the amount of a property loss you elect to self insure the lower your premium is likely to be ($500 is fairly standard but $1000 is affordable for most homeowner.
6. Schedule Art, Furs, Antiques and Collectibles. Make certain items of this nature (especially those worth more than face value) are separately scheduled for their worth.
7. Ask about off premise coverage. Don’t take a chance with expensive equipment. Make sure your insurance covers possessions in transit, and for mysterious disappearance (lack of coverage can be extremely costly mistake)
8. Make sure you get proper credits. Many policies provide discounts for central and other alarm systems, for proximity of fire hydrants and fire stations… for proper smoke alarms.
9. Check on your coverage for living expenses. In the event of fire or other damage to your home your policy should provide adequate payment for alternate lodging during the period of rebuilding.
10. Find out about excess liability. Don’t take basic liability coverage for granted especially if you have attractive hazards such as a swimming pool. (Lawsuit settlements really have become excessive.)
11. Don’t ignore earthquake and flood insurance. It can’t happen here has cost many a homeowner thousands of dollars and countless grief. Neither peril is covered under standard policies – check them out.
12. Most important – Talk to us! Were independent agent’s representing several companies that want to compete for your business. Let us do the shopping for you. We can almost certainly save you money and concern. And by insuring through us, at a time of loss you have an agent who represents your interests – not the insurance companies. We’ll handle the paper work and make sure you get a fast, fair settlement. Isn’t that what insurance is all about?